Scott Sellen was born and raised in South Jersey near Philly. His early musical influences include the singing cowboys of the 50’s (Gene, Roy, Sons Of The Pioneers); folk music around 1960; rock and roll radio of the 50’s and 60’s; the British Invasion; Motown and Stax; folk-rock and country-rock of 1960’s southern California; the multi instrumentalists of “California Country” such as Al Perkins, Dan Dougmore, Rusty Young, Bernie Leadon, David Lindley; Jazz artist such as Wes Montgomery and Joe Pass; the Sound of Philadelphia; and of course Brian Wilson.
Scott played guitar in a blue-eyed soul band in his high school days which was called The Park Ave. Shoppe. During college he played in a jazz ensemble and at folk-rock clubs in New York City. Later, he joined a very eclectic band of excellent players who were “all Jersey” called The B. B. Jackson Band.
Scott is married to Carolyn Sellen. They have one son, Aaron, and one grandson, Clive. His other passions include hockey and cooking Italian food. Scott has worked with Richie in music and ministry since 1983.
- Fender ’62 Vintage Reissue Strat (1987) … Pickups are fender Fat 50′s
- Hanson Firenze T-90 (2010) given to Scott by Bo & John Pirucello
- Recently added a 2011 Fender Squire 50′s Classic Vibe Tele as a La Cabronita project, upgraded all hardware (tuners, knobs, plates, switches, pots, wiring, jack, pickguard, Savalas bridge) and installed TV Jones Pickups. Classic Plus in bridge and Seymore Duncan Antiquity Tele in neck.
- 1983 Ome Ponderosa 5 string banjo with an on board Baggs Micro Drive Preamp
- National Triplex Chord Changer with original Supro style P90 Pickup
- Rogue Jersey Lightning (w) Seymore Duncan Custom Seth Lover Bridge Humbucker
- “Walnut Bill & Rita” – Made by Scott (w) Seymore Duncan Antiquity Bridge Pickup
- L Sco Pedal Board – built by Scott Sellen
- Boss TU 2
- Monte Allums modded Boss GE-7 EQ
- Fulltone Fulldrive II
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay